Founded in 2013, The Women’s Fund (TWF) is an affiliate fund of the Wayne County Community Foundation. TWF awards grants to Wayne County, Ohio nonprofit agencies that support women and girls. The Women’s Fund is a permanent endowment. Gifts to the fund are invested and grown over time. Each year, the earnings of those gifts are used to make grants to programs that encourage the full participation of women and girls in our community, as well as those that create opportunities for the educational, physical, emotional, social, and personal growth of women and girls.
Submission Deadline: September 3, 2019
The Women’s Fund (TWF) of the Wayne County Community Foundation is accepting grant proposals from nonprofit organizations for programs that address the following three focus areas:
These three social issues all significantly impact the quality of life in our community. The Women’s Fund seeks applications from organizations that have identified projects that will facilitate real progress in these areas.
Eligible Organizations – By law, the Wayne County Community Foundation can only make grants to qualified 501(c)(3) nonprofit public organizations. The Women’s Fund strongly encourages collaborations between and among organizations working to achieve a common goal. In such collaborations, one organization must be identified as the grantee applicant.
Size of Grants – The amount of the grant(s) is to be determined. Proposals that demonstrate the most effective use of this amount in the context of their programs have the greatest chance for success.
Duration of Grants – TWF grants are for a period of up to one year, with the expectation that the full amount of the grant will be used within that time.
Geographic Range of Grants – TWF grants must benefit women and girls living in Wayne County, Ohio.
Leadership and Fiscal Accountability – TWF grantee organizations must have the leadership capacity, financial stability, and appropriate procedures in place for fiscal and organizational accountability.
The Women’s Fund invites proposals for:
The Women’s Fund will NOT fund:
The Women's Fund grant proposal application is an online application process.
A completed Program Characteristics Form is required to be included with the online application.
Answer the questions as completely, yet briefly, as possible. Clearly state the goal of the project for which you are requesting funds and describe how the funds would benefit women and girls in Wayne County, Ohio in The Women's Fund focus area(s), listed above, that you intend to address.
If you are working with other organizations, foundations or businesses please identify them and describe the intended working relationship with each in the appropriate section of the application. You may also attach letters of support.
Instructions on how to submit your organization's Online Grant Proposal Application is available through this TUTORIAL.
To begin the online application process, click on the application link below.
NOTE: If you need to create a new account, select "New Applicant?" on the login screen and provide your email address and password and then select "Return to login".
NOTE: If you have established an account, enter your email address and password on the login screen and click the "Login" button. You will then be asked for your organization's EIN/Tax ID number and this begins the online application process.
If you chose to "Save & Finish Later" while entering your application information, click on the link below to return to your application. This link will take you to the login screen. Once logged in, the title of your application will appear on your "My Account" page. Click on your application title to resume entering your application information.
Once you submit your completed application, a confirmation email will be sent to you.
If you have submitted a completed application and would like to enter a new application for your organization, click on "The Women's Fund Grant Application" link above to login and begin your new application.
Grant Proposal Application Deadline
The grant application deadline is September 3, 2019 (by 4:30 p.m.), for a decision by November 2019.
If you have any questions regarding The Women's Fund grant guidelines or grant proposal application, please contact us at (330) 262-3877.
If you have any questions about the application process or about the appropriateness of your specific request for consideration, please contact Sara Patton, WCCF Executive Director at 330-262-3877 or email@example.com.
Proposal Review and Grant Approval Process
1. Proposals are reviewed by The Women’s Fund Advisory Committee. You may be asked to arrange an on-site visit from representatives of the committee and/or Wayne County Community Foundation staff. You may also be asked to conduct an off-site office interview with the committee. Review criteria will include the following:
2. The Women’s Fund’s grant award recommendations must be approved by Wayne County Community Foundation’s Trustees.
3. Award decisions will be determined in part by the capacity of the applicant organization to implement the proposed project and meet TWF objectives.
4. Award recipients must submit one interim report within the first six months, as well as a final written report and final fiscal report within one year of the award. They may be called to provide an in-person debriefing at the conclusion of the project period.
5. Grant awards will be announced not later than November 2019.
7. Note that we ask about the possibility of volunteer activities associated with your project. This is not a required component of the project, but this information will inform our committee and donors of other ways that The Women’s Fund may assist your organization in delivering the program.
Thank you for requesting a grant from The Women’s Fund.
We look forward to learning about your project and reviewing your request for funding.
Wayne County Community Foundation
517 North Market Street
Wooster, Ohio 44691